Academic and General Classroom information
- 22 learners per class
- Curriculum: CAPS, enhanced by ISASA outcomes
- Arrive at 7:15-7:30; start at 8am. Daily programme concludes 13:00
- Collection by drivers between 13:30 – 14:00. After 14:00, children must be registered for ‘Aftercare’, which is a paid for service. Details available on request.
- Progress Reports are issued per term for Grade R learners and in the 2nd and 4th term (6 monthly) for Pre-Grade R (3-5 year olds).
- Parent-Teacher consultations are held at the end of each term, provided that there are no Covid 19 restrictions.
- Any urgent concerns will be communicated through special meetings arranged by teachers.
- Pre-School learners are expected to adhere to our general Discipline Policy. We take into consideration the developmental age of our learners, but we do not allow any continuous bullying behaviour or anti-social behaviour like swearing.
- There are no facilities to prepare food at school. No warming of food, refrigerating or preparing of any kind.
- We have a strict healthy food policy. We suggest a healthy brown bread sandwich with cheese/ spreads/ etc., yoghurt, fruit and juice. We encourage a water bottle during all seasons.
- WE STRONGLY DISCOURAGE SINGLE USE JUICE BOXES, YOGHURT CONTAINERS AND SANDWICH BAGS. We are trying to teach our learners to reduce the use of non-recyclable containers and decrease the impact it has on the environment.
- Yoghurt can be dispensed into smaller, reusable tubs and juice in reusable bottles.
- No junk food is allowed during the week. This includes pies, 2-minute noodles, pizza, hamburgers/ chips, any kind of sweets/ chips (‘simbas’), cookies, etc.
- On Fridays we allow for a junk food item for an exception.
Clothes and Schoolbags
- Pre-R learners can wear any comfortable play clothes. Shoes must be inexpensive flip-flop, sandal or ‘Croc’ style shoes during summer and inexpensive takkies during winter.
- If girls wear a dress, please provide them with tights (‘stofies’) underneath.
- Grade R must wear the school’s athletic uniform, a turquoise T-Shirt, navy shorts and flip-flops. In winter they can wear the school tracksuit with white takkies. (If your child is overweight, please provide them with navy tights instead of school shorts, as we have found school shorts become very uncomfortable for some. We do not want any of our learners to be uncomfortable during school time).
- Pre-R learners can wear uniform, but it is optional.
- An extra set of old clothes must be in the school bag at all times for any accidents that may occur.
- Schoolbags: bags must be big enough to contain all items needed for school, including lunchboxes, water bottles, extra set of clothes and any jackets or shoes removed during the day.
- All clothes must be clearly marked by stationary stickers which can be ordered or markers INSIDE the clothes.
- All bags must be marked INSIDE the bag.
- IT IS A SECURITY HAZARD HAVING YOUR CHILD’S NAME VISIBLE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THEIR CLOTHING OR BAG
- Each child must have at least 2 masks at school until Covid 19 restrictions are lifted.
Celebrations and events
- Please see the general school arrangements regarding Birthday celebrations in our school’s code of conduct. Parents contribute a minimal, fee towards the celebration. Please confirm with the Finance Department if you do not want your child to be included in this celebration at the end of each term.
Sickness, Allergies and Medical conditions
- If your child has any confirmed life-threatening allergy (food, insect stings or other), you have to inform us ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL and provide medication.
- If your child has any diagnosed condition that is life-threatening (asthma, other) please inform us with regards to treatment, providing any medication necessary for treatment.
- If a child obtains any form of injury, we have staff trained in Level 3 First Aid. All basic injuries will be treated at school. Parents will be contacted when any head injury occurs, any suspected bone fractures or other injuries requiring more serious injuries.
- If your child vomits or has a running stomach, displays symptoms of pink eye they will be required to leave school immediately. These conditions are extremely contagious.
- If your child displays symptoms of Covid 19, they will not be allowed to attend school.
- Emergency numbers must be current and updated.
Learners pay for use of stationary, as well as for consumables such as paint, glue etc. No stationary is given to learners to use at home. All stationary is kept at school.
Fees are not handled by the Pre-School teachers or staff. Kindly contact the Admin and Finance departments regarding any financial queries.
Extra-curricular activities During school hours, provided that there are no Covid 19 restrictions, we will offer the following:
- Soccer for boys and girls in Grade R
- Young Engineers
- Garden club
- Bake and create
These activities are covered by school fees and no extra cost to parent.